NEUES Michael Jackson Album heißt XSCAPE

AbonnentenAbonnenten: 0
LesezeichenLesezeichen: 0
Zugriffe: 826

Re: NEUES Michael Jackson Album heißt XSCAPE

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 3. Mai 2014, 18:38

Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson's XSCAPE - The Collaborators Pt. 1

Hier ein Ausschnitt aus der Doku, die es bei der Deluxe Edition als DVD dazu gibt.
Leider ist sie nur mit Proxmate zu sehen....sorry :aufgeben:

www.youtube.com Video From : www.youtube.com
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 3. Mai 2014, 18:43

Music Unlimited Bringing You 5 new #MJXSCAPE Tracks

Posted by Aidin Vaziri, Content Editor/Sony Entertainment Network on Thursday May 1, 2014 in Music, Music Unlimited, New Releases

Michael Jackson may be gone but his music remains as vital as ever. His classic albums like Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad are just as urgent and exciting now as the day they were released.

That’s why we’re so eager for May 13, when Epic Records releases XSCAPE, the new album that features a set of previously unheard songs from Jackson’s vaults. That’s also the day it comes to Sony’s Music Unlimited streaming service.

As a bonus, Music Unlimited subscribers will also get early access to five XSCAPE tracks from May 5 to May 9, as we stream one new song each day and reveal exclusive artwork on the Sony Entertainment Network blog.

Jackson is one of the most profoundly influential artists of all-time, having sold 1-billion records worldwide to date, scored 13 No. 1 singles and becoming one of a handful of artists to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

With his passing nearly five years ago, the King of Pop left behind a large collection of material he started but never finished, part of his penchant for over-recording for each of his studio albums. Now, after going through Jackson’s archives, Epic Chairman L.A. Reid has recovered a number of songs that have been finished and “contemporized” for release on XSCAPE.

Reid enlisted the help of lead producer Timbaland — with contributions from John McClain, Rodney Jerkins, Jerome “J-roc” Harmon and Stargate — to help bring the songs to life, showing off the raw genius of Jackson, the singer and songwriter, while putting each track firmly in the current musical landscape.

We here at Music Unlimited will be counting down to the release of XSCAPE in our own special way over the next couple of days. Like the rest of the music-loving world we can’t wait to listen to this new chapter in the legacy of an enduring pop icon.

Article: http://blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2014/05/01/michael-jacksons-xscape-coming-to-music-unlimited-may-13th/
Quelle: sonyentertainmentnetwork / Betty Byrnes / MJ-Upbeat.com
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 3. Mai 2014, 18:46

Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins Dishes On MJ’s ‘Xscape’

Bild

by MESFIN FEKADU

NEW YORK (AP) — When Michael Jackson’s record label released his first posthumous album in 2010, a year after the King of Pop’s sudden death, producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins was asked to work on the project.

He declined.

“I was asked to be on that album and to produce like five songs, but I turned it down,” he said. “I just felt like it wasn’t time.”

Years later, the hitmaker for Destiny’s Child and Whitney Houston — who worked heavily on Jackson’s 2001 comeback album, “Invincible” — says he now feels comfortable producing Jackson’s music again. He produced the title track from the upcoming album, “Xscape,” out May 13.

“For me it wasn’t about the label, it wasn’t about the estate’s approval; it wasn’t about all of that,” he said. “I had a personal relationship with Michael, (so) it was about, ‘What would he want from this? What would he want it to sound like now?’”

“Xscape” was executive produced by Timbaland and includes songs Jackson recorded in the 1980s and 1990s. Some of the tracks are taken from early recording sessions for successful albums such as “Bad” and “Dangerous.”

The first single, “Love Never Felt So Good,” was written with Paul Anka and premiered at the iHeartRadio Music Awards on Thursday night when Usher danced to the song. A bonus version of the track features Justin Timberlake.

Jerkins said he and Jackson originally started work on the song “Xscape” in 1999 when they recorded the “Invincible” album. He revisited the track in 2003 and retouched it this year for the new eight-track album.

“Even when Michael was alive, we never stopped working on the song ‘Xscape,’” he said. “It was one of those songs where he specifically said to me, ‘It has to see the light of day one day.’”

Jerkins said he visited Jackson in 2007 in Ireland where they were “vibing out,” but didn’t focus on creating music exclusively.

“And I then I spoke to him — I would say 2008, 2009, something like that — and he was telling me, ‘I’m getting ready to do another album. You gotta get to work. Start working on ideas,’” he recalled. “And then he passed away.”

READ MORE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/03/rodney-darkchild-jerkins-posthumous-michael-jackson-xscape_n_5258854.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

Quelle: huffingtonpost / MESFIN FEKADU / MJ-Upbeat.com
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Beitragvon Mjj forever » 4. Mai 2014, 19:45

Es wurde schon einmal ein Lied von der CD im Internet veröffentlicht.

Bei iHeartRadio war die Weltpremiere mit Usher
www.youtube.com Video From : www.youtube.com

reinhören kann man auch hier:
vimeo.com Video From : vimeo.com
Bild
Mjj forever
Team
Team||

Beitragvon Mjj forever » 5. Mai 2014, 18:45

Hier kann man in ein weiteres Lied reinhören. Leider kann man es nicht ganz hören ohne sich anzumelden.

https://music.sonyentertainmentnetwork. ... 546244aa8b
Bild
Mjj forever
Team
Team||

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 6. Mai 2014, 20:10

Ein weiteres Lied wurde nun veröffentlicht.
Mir gefällt es sehr gut.
Hört einfach mal rein:

Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 6. Mai 2014, 22:41

Behind XSCAPE: Slave To The Rhythm
May 05, 2014

Originally recorded during the Dangerous sessions in 1991 with L.A. Reid and Babyface, "Slave to the Rhythm" is a taut robo-pop rhythm track in which Jackson narrates a story about a woman trapped in stifling circumstances. At home and work, the protagonist is compelled to "dance" to the needs of controlling men, while her own desires are ignored. In a brief moment of respite, she escapes and "dance[s] to the beat of her own." Jackson tells her story in a passionate vocal, capped by his trademark syncopated beat-boxing

Quelle: http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/behind-xscape-slave-rhythm
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 6. Mai 2014, 22:44

Michael Jackson's Billboard Cover: 5 Things We Learned About the New Album

Bild

Billboard's new cover story focuses on the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson, going behind the scenes with the super-producers who sifted through nearly two-decades of MJ's studio outtakes in an attempt to produce what they hope will be a posthumous hit record, "Xscape" (out May 13). Antonio "L.A." Reid, Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins and J-Roc -- the "Xscape" team -- take Billboard into the making of the album, available in an expanded edition that includes a new Justin Timberlake-MJ duet "Love Never Felt So Good."

Check back Monday (May 5) to get the full story. Until then, here are five things we learned about the journey to Michael Jackson's "Xscape."

THERE WAS NO SHORTAGE OF MATERIAL. Producers selected 24 possibilities for "Xscape." They in turn narrowed the field to 20, which were edited down to about 14. Eight will be on the album, though several more were prepared (a deluxe edition will also feature the original tracks). The choices are not exactly surprises, though the omissions may be. The tracks that Jackson cut with Queen's Freddie Mercury in 1983 are not on "Xscape," although both Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen spoke about working on them last year. And though a version of "Slave to the Rhythm" featuring Justin Bieber leaked last August (supported by a series of Bieber tweets), you won't hear it on "Xscape."

HARDCORE FANS WILL LIKELY RECOGNIZE THE TRACKS… But that doesn't mean the producers had heard them before. Timbaland and Stargate's Mikkel Eriksen both began by listening to the source material that Reid presented, and both quickly decided to forgo the instrumental tracks and work with only Jackson's vocals and a few stray noises picked up by the microphone. "You can hear his foot in the booth when he's singing, and his fingers snapping," says Jerkins.

MJ WAS RELENTLESS IN THE STUDIO. During the original sessions for "Slave to the Rhythm" in 1989, Jackson recorded the vocal 24 times. "And it was not once and fix the bad note," says Reid, who worked on the base track with Babyface. "No, he sang the song from top to bottom 24 times without a bathroom break, without a water break, without a 'Give me a moment.' He would sing the song and say, 'OK, give me another track, I can do it better,' and he'd do it again. 'I can nail this. Give me another track,' and he'd do it again."

L.A. REID TRIED TO SIGN JACKSON TO ISLAND DEF JAM. "He said, 'I don't want another hit, I don't want to just make another record. I want to do something great. If it can't be great, if it can't be groundbreaking, if it can't be massive, if you're not as committed as I am, then we shouldn't do it. But if you commit to me I promise I'll commit to you." It wasn't to be. Jackson instead signed a short-lived deal with Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the prince of Bahrain.

MJ REALLY WANTED TO WORK WITH STARGATE. Jackson was looking to collaborate with the Norwegian production duo Stargate — Mikkel Eriksen and Tor Hermansen — known for their hits with Rihanna and Perry. The singer was a fan of their songs for Ne-Yo, and he met with them at the Midtown Manhattan Chinese restaurant Mr. K's to discuss future projects. "Just the two of us, and managers, and Blanket was there as well," says Eriksen. "Down in the basement."

Return to Billboard.com on Monday morning for the FULL cover story.

Quelle: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6077277/michael-jackson-billboard-cover-5-things-about-xscape-album
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 6. Mai 2014, 22:45

Behind XSCAPE: Love Never Felt So Good
May 06, 2014

Originally recorded with music veteran Paul Anka (best known for his work with Frank Sinatra) in 1983, "Love Never Felt So Good" was produced for this album by MJ Estate co-executor John McClain. Says McClain of the song: "Michael sounds incredible on this track just like he always does. There was never a day when he was anything other than great. He is immortal. And the song is great. Paul Anka is one of our finest writers." McClain notes Jackson and Anka's shared love for "melodies and real music...That's what we need right now. It was an honor to work on a track that is both Mr. Anka's and Michael's." McClain collaborated with talented classical composer Giorgio Tuinfort (who previously worked with Jackson and Akon on "Hold My Hand") on the string arrangement and production. The result is "a magic combination of the new and the original production" that retains the track's analog, early-80s feel, while also sounding right at home with the disco-soul inflected music of today.

Quelle:http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/behind-xscape-love-never-felt-so-good
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 7. Mai 2014, 23:08

"A Place Without No Name" revealed! Listen!

http://www.jackson-source.com/news/1555-a-place-without-no-name-revealed-listen

Die Lieder Love never feelt so good, Chicago, Loving you kann man hier hören:
http://www.jackson-source.com/news
Einfach auf der Seite scrollen.

Viel Spaß beim anhören
with L♥O♥V♥E♥
RMJ
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

VorherigeNächste