Flatley – Launches New Lord Of The Dance! / Talks MJ

AbonnentenAbonnenten: 0
LesezeichenLesezeichen: 0
Zugriffe: 94

Flatley – Launches New Lord Of The Dance! / Talks MJ

Beitragvon Remember MJ » 11. Nov 2013, 12:22

Dancer Michael Flatley is launching a new Lord of the Dance next year and he may take to the stage once again.

Michael was speaking during an interview with Piers Morgan to be screened tomorrow.

During the chat, Michael also talked about his plans to do a show with Michael Jackson, his wife, the forty million pounds he spent restoring his castle home and how devastated he was when he was dropped from Riverdance.

Michael talked about launching a new Lord of the Dance next year with new technology.

He said: “In 2014 I’m going to be celebrating 20 years since I did the Eurovision and I’m going to put out a new version of Lord of the Dance, sort of a turbo-charged, a next generation, we’ve got technology that is mind-blowing. I wish I had it back then, but at least I have it now.”

Talking about his wife, Michael said: “I am the luckiest guy in the world to get Niamh O’Brien and I’m so proud to have her by my side. “She knew me. Niamh knows what it’s like being on the road, she knows how bad things get.”

And asked on whether of not his alleged roving eye had retired, Flatley answered: “I’d like to think it is, but, like I said, I admire beauty in everything and women are the most beautiful things in our world.”

Talking about his friendship with Michael Jackson, Michael said: “Michael Jackson came to stay with us at CastleHyde.

“Yes he did [drink Guinness]. Not much, but a little bit. I personally loved him. I don’t know anything about his private business, or his private life and, in fairness, it’s none of my business.

“But I did love him, he was a lovely man. He treated his children really well in front of me, and that’s the man that I know. And I was sad to see him go.

“When he came to my house he had just turned 50. Michael and myself were born in the same year.

“And he came to my costume room and I have all of these costumes from the tours and we were reminiscing about things and I said, ‘You know, why don’t we do something together and we’ll call it 50 50?’.”

Michael also told Piers that he was devastated when he was dropped from Riverdance the night before the show opened.

He said: “Put yourself in my shoes. I came home from rehearsals, and the night before the show, I had worked that day, I had new stuff, I was so excited. My picture was up beside Hammersmith Apollo a hundred feet tall, I knew that the contract negotiations would be ok because they wouldn’t be putting my picture up. “We were sold out six weeks in advance. I got in late, I was working all day in the studio, I came in late and the phone was ringing in my apartment, I picked it up and it was my lawyer.

“And he said, ‘You’re out.’ I said, ‘What do you mean I’m out? I invented this, I created it.’

“He said, ‘You’re out’.

“I said, ‘Who are they going to get to replace me?’ I remember he said, ‘Evidentially they’ve found some other guy in there who’s copying your steps, he must be on time because they’re ready to go.’”

Piers Morgan’s Life Stories: Michael Flatley airs tomorrow at 9pm on ITV.

Source: sundayworld / MJ-Upbeat.com
Bild
Remember MJ
Forum Admin
Forum Admin||

Re: Flatley – Launches New Lord Of The Dance! / Talks MJ

Beitragvon Gabi-Maus » 11. Nov 2013, 22:47

:aufgeben: Ja so ist das Leben, gestern noch ganz oben und morgen schon ganz tief unten. Leider ..... :sauerlilac:
Ich mochte beide Michael's sehr gern.

Liebe Grüße von Gabi :Mickey:
Bild
Gabi-Maus
Team
Team||